We are an intentionally diverse religious community, actively engaged in a free and responsible search for truth and meaning. All people are welcome, without regard to age, race, national origin, ableness, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
We embrace freedom of belief for those beliefs that are unknowable and unprovable, with our members holding a variety of beliefs about the existence of God, what happens to us after we die, and beliefs of that kind.
We share beliefs about how to live together on this planet:
- We believe in living our lives with love, compassion and kindness.
- We are inclusive, we seek justice, we promote equal rights and equal treatment for all.
- We honor individual autonomy while recognizing the interdependent nature of existence.
Exploring faith. Practicing inclusivity. Living justice.
We, the Unitarian Universalist Church of Muncie, are a church family, relating to one another with love, kindness, fellowship, humility, joy and generosity.
- We encourage open, lifelong religious exploration, drawing upon reason, spirituality, and curiosity.
- We strengthen one another, offering acceptance, nourishment, and mutual support.
- We welcome people of all identities, regardless of age, class, culture, race, ableness, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- We seek deeper, stronger, more transformative relationships that foster growth and healing for ourselves, our church, and our communities.
- We promote social justice, serving as a force for good and for lasting societal change.
- We serve as stewards of our church, this country, and the world.