- We believe in living our lives with love, compassion and kindness.
- We are inclusive, we seek justice, we promote equal rights and equal treatment for all.
- We honor individual autonomy while recognizing the interdependent nature of existence.
Seven PrinciplesAs Unitarian Universalists, we affirm and promote these Seven Principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
Suggested Introductory SermonsIf you're a visitor interested in learning more about Unitarian Universalism and who we are as a congregation, listening to some of these sermons from Rev. Seth that highlight key aspects of our faith tradition is one way to learn more relatively quickly. Faith Unfolding - explores what faith means in Unitarian Universalism Black Lives Matter - explores racial justice and why #BlackLivesMatter Making Room for Everyone - explores our theological diversity and the importance of practicing inclusivity God? - explores the idea of God, and the place exploring the idea of the divine has in a congregation that welcomes athiests, agnostics, theists, and everything between and beyond Forgive For Good and Forgiving Your Friend - two complimentary sermons which explore forgiveness, and what forgiveness looks like in a Unitarian Universalist context
Recent SermonsDuring the active part of the church calendar year (September through May), we organize our Sunday morning worship services around a particular theme each month. To read more about themes and why they
Our mission: "Exploring faith. Practicing inclusivity. Living justice."
"We, the Unitarian Universalist Church of Muncie, are a church family, relating to one another with love, kindness, fellowship, humility, joy and generosity.
- We encourage open, lifelong religious exploration, drawing upon reason, spirituality, and curiosity.
- We strengthen one another, offering acceptance, nourishment, and mutual support.
- We welcome people of all identities, regardless of age, class, culture, race, ableness, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- We seek deeper, stronger, more transformative relationships that foster growth and healing for ourselves, our church, and our communities.
- We promote social justice, serving as a force for good and for lasting societal change.
- We serve as stewards of our church, this country, and the world."